POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : transparency color clipping produces another color : transparency color clipping produces another color Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  transparency color clipping produces another color
From: bob h
Date: 13 Jan 2002 17:57:55
Message: <3c4210f3$1@news.povray.org>
3.5.beta.9.icl.win32, WinXp, 800MHz P3, 512MB

I looked around for some previous encounter or explanation of this and not
seeing anything I'm going ahead and posting about it.

filtered, transmitted colors are normal if between 0 and 1; however, if the
color value(s) are greater than 1 while filter and/or transmit is used it
produces a unexpected color (blue becomes red) instead of saturating
further.  Likewise, if the filter or transmit value by itself goes beyond
the 0 to 1 range.
A filter 2 added to a rgb 0.5 is okay, but filter 2 with a rgb 0.6
(multiplies out to 1.2) is not.  Of course I'm not at all sure if this was
intended earlier in a program change.

Looking in the Scene Help at section 6.1.5.5 Common Color Pitfalls and
elsewhere I don't see this mentioned.

bob h